You are viewing documentation for the old version 2.30 of Analyse-it. If you are using version 3.00 or later we recommend you go to the latest documentation
Analyse-it is distributed via the internet and is also available on CD. In either case, before you install Analyse-it we recommend you check our web-site at http://analyse-it.com/support/download to ensure you are using the latest version available.
To install Analyse-it
- Installing from a downloaded file
Double-click the .EXE file you downloaded to start installation.
Installing from CD
Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive and the installer should automatically start. If the installer does not start click Start, then click Run, and then type D:\SETUP.EXE and press ENTER (where D:\ is the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive).
- The installer will start.
- Click Next> to go to step 2.
At this stage the installer will check if Microsoft Excel is currently running. If it is please close it before proceeding. If Microsoft Excel is not visible on the Windows Task Bar then it is likely it is used by another application, and hidden, so please close all running applications. If the problem persists please restart Microsoft Windows and start installation again.
- The end-user licence agreement (EULA) is shown. Please read the terms of the EULA and tick I accept the agreement option to indicate your consent. If you have any questions about the licence terms then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before continuing.
- Click Next>
- By default Analyse-it installs to the C:\Program Files\Analyse-it folder. To change the installation folder click Change and select an alternative folder.
- By default Analyse-it is installed only for the Windows user currently logged-in. If other users on the same computer need access to Analyse-it, tick Anyone who uses this computer and Analyse-it will be added to the Start > Programs menu for all users.
- Click Next>
- By default Analyse-it installs tests for descriptive statistics, comparing pairs and groups, correlation and regression. Tests in other editions, such as the Method Evaluation edition, are also installed by default. Clear the checkboxes alongside any editions if they should not be installed.
- Click Next>
- Click Install> to begin installation. Analyse-it will install the files necessary and show progress while it is doing so.
- When installation is complete tick Always start Analyse-it when I start Excel if Analyse-it should start when Microsoft Excel is started. To start using Analyse-it immediately, or to unlock it with a product key, click Start Analyse-it.
- Installation is now complete.
(click to enlarge)