Install the software for a concurrent-user license.
Note: Installation for concurrent-user licenses is different from versions earlier than 3.00. The software is now installed and activated on each computer, and your internet connection is used to manage concurrent use. Earlier versions installed the software on a network share and used local license control. This new method reduces network traffic, allows installation onto laptops and computers, not on the same network, and depending on policy allows end-users to install the software
without systems administrator assistance.
that your computer meets the system requirements.
- Ensure that you have the necessary administrative rights to install the
- Ensure that TCP port 443 (HTTPS) on the firewall is open for communication to secure.analyse-it.com on each computer. Analyse-it uses your internet connection to communicate with our license server to manage the concurrent use of the software.
To install the software:
- From a downloaded .EXE file, double-click the file you downloaded.
- From a CD-ROM, insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installer should
automatically start, but if not, click D:\SETUP.EXE (where
D: is the drive letter of your CD-ROM
, and then type:
The Setup window opens.
The installer checks your computer meets the system requirements, and if necessary installs Microsoft .NET 4.0.
Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and then:
- If you agree, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Cancel to abort the installation.
If you want to change the installation folder, click
Change and select the folder.
Wait while the software installs on your computer.
Repeat installation on each computer where you want to use the software. There is no limit to the number of installations as our license server manages the concurrent use of the software.
Analyse-it automatically starts whenever you start Microsoft Excel, but a license is only acquired when you use a command on the Analyse-it ribbon tab.
To use the software, you must activate a license.